HappyTrees Studio

Sep 3, 2013

Shhh- My Souls Talking

Free Printable-share it, give it, love it.

Shhh- hear that? That litany of voices in your head...how do you ever get anything done? I have the same mixture of sounds blaring through my skull every day. Here are a few things that I do to shush them up.

!. Julia Cameron is a genius...I write three pages in long hand everyday. EVERYDAY. Some times its lists, sometimes its notes, diary pages, sketches with catchy phrases...but everyday I write something. It totally dispels a bit of that noise and trash that's cluttering up my brain space.

2. Meditate- I sit for 10 minutes EVERY DAY in a quiet place and let my self quiet down and I just breathe. When a thought comes in my head, I gently imagine that I let it float into a box and then I concentrate on my breath again. Even if I only get a few seconds of real meditation everyday, a few seconds to me is better than none.

3. Walk outside. Go into nature. Sometimes just letting my bare feet touch grass and soil soothes the loudness in my brain.

Try one or all of these things. Get a routine set up, where you write, then meditate, and then maybe go outside. Slow down and b-r-e-a-t-h-e. With time you'll notice that its a lot more quiet and roomy in that ole skull of yours.

No comments: