HappyTrees Studio

May 31, 2013

Release That Inner Child!


 Fingerpainting For Grownups is a new 'local' workshop that I'm planning for August. I love to be creative and messy, and sometimes I don't have a project in mind, I just want to play with color. So this workshop will be all about releasing your inner child! That carefree feeling you had when you were young, scribbling and splashing color for colors sake, with no end result in mind. I feel my most creative when I just let myself go and splash color around, scribbling away. Afterward, I can look deeper into the painting and find the imagery that wants to be found...but this is the first step- the one that gets those creative juices flowing and makes me want to create forever!

 I haven't planned an online version yet, because I have a lot of 'releasing' questions that I ask as others are working. Questions that may make you look into yourself and figure out what inside of you is holding your 'inner child' back. and I can't quite wrap my brain around how to get live to you to work together and question you at the same time...chat and live stream? I'll figure it out, but for now it will be in Gastonia NC in August, more details to come soon!

No comments: