|Notice my amazing lotus spare tire...not so cute- but it will be gone soon...what do you think about that?!?|
Make EVERY DAY a SPECIAL DAY!!
I've totally been creating my NEW and IMPROVED life plan; and I've been implementing new things daily. Since Fall is my favorite season, I'd thought I'd start something new and hopefully feel better and more magical every day.
1. Enjoy each day- I've been drinking my tea out of my wedding china, drinking my water out of a wine glass, and wearing my 'good' panties every day! Why wait for a special occasion? Isn't being alive today special enough?!?
2. Slow Down- I always rush rush rush to everything, which, in turn, stresses me out so much I start sounding like a screech owl! I've started to chill, and start getting ready or get going a few minutes earlier so I can get places and do things on time...no more late Ana! (hopefully)- I make sure I enjoy the sights and sounds of all environments that I enter, and stop for deep breaths constantly.
3. YOGA- everyday...yes, EVERYDAY. I'll do an A'sana practice anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or so. I then follow up with 20 minutes of seated meditation. It's not about tiring your body out or competing with anyone, it's about FEELING GOOD. Stretching feel good! And after I meditate I'm so peaceful and clear, work and daily activities are super easy to concentrate on.
4. Madhu Vidya- What's that? It's waking up every single day and having a positive thought about the day. "today is going to be great!", "I love to be alive!", " Life is amazing!"- Thinking positively first thing in the morning will create a positive path and schedule for the rest of the day. Good energy attracts Good Energy, bad attracts bad, it's that simple.
5. UNPLUG- I'm as addicted to Face Book and twitter as well as checking my emails as much as the next person. But since I've been cutting off the computer and putting the phone to the side, I've been more creative! And less lazy! I can actually live without knowing what you're cooking for dinner and without telling you that I'm at the bookstore. I check my emails and such in the a.m. and once in the p.m. and try to create my blog posts in my head or on paper so that I'm not staring at the computer for new ideas to just come to me.
Just starting with one or all of these things will help you feel more motivated and centered. I feel better physically and mentally! What better day than today to start ? It's all about kindness and living...get to it!!