HappyTrees Studio

Sep 9, 2013

Green Goddess-Recipe


This recipe makes for a super tart crazy yummy smoothie. If you wanted a sweeter taste add honey or a half of a banana, I like it a bit tart.

Ingredients
1 oz Goji Berries
2 Tbs Chia Seed
6oz Frozen berries
2 BIG handfuls of spinach
1c water



I just put everything in the blender and pulsed on crush for a few. It has texture, but I'm sure if that bothers you you could blend it longer. The kids and I like it with texture. And I didn't add ice to this one either, i felt like the frozen berries were enough, but you could make this go a lot further with ice and a bit more water.

 I like to have smoothies for an after school snack, they're quick, easy, and the best way to get a lot of nutrients and vitamins into the kids and my diet! And as much as I love cookies, a smoothie will keep me full until dinnertime. So quit being scared of your fruits and veggies- throw them in the blender!

No comments: