HappyTrees Studio

Jun 19, 2013

Ding Dong Style

 Weird title, but there's a place called Pinky's and they have the best burgers and such, ever- if you get it 'ding dong style' it comes with crunchy peanut butter, sriracha, and honey cilantro slaw...it's crazy good- and things that you would never imagine putting on your burger...together. That's how I live, I mix anything and everything that I like all together and give it a try. Usually it works out for the best! Writing, painting, fiber, collage, fashion, music and life...everyday, all day. That's my ding dong style. I like to take chances- and sometimes i need a little self motivation...I tend to drag my feet...but when I finally try that something new, I'm so happy i did! It is always an adventure...and what else is there, really? 
 Today's adventure went like this...
I was invited to join Lisa Rough's awesome hullabaloo-" GREAT BIG SUMMERTIME BLOG HULLABALOO, an intimate and sometimes vulnerable celebration of the human spirit.  I like to imagine us all sitting in a circle together, perhaps around a crackling fire….  bearing witness to one another’s stories that display such breadth of courage, tenacity, and hope.  It’s not too late to grab a seat and share your story (or art, love letter, bucket list, etc.)–  there’s nothing else I would love more! " (grabbed Lisa's words from here)

I of course, drug my feet, and I wasn't even sure what I was going to write about, other than my love of expression and the joy of being female...when I finally settled down and began to write- I couldn't turn it off...words like water poured out of my fingers! What came out of me was a testament of authenticity...or, be yourself dammit!...and then

I SENT IT IN!

 To be read by people who know nothing of me and have never read my writings and ramblins'- who may or may not understand my ding dong style. And guess what? I'm okay! It was painless, and if no one gets it or likes it- I won't be hurt- because, I did it for me! It was what I was feeling, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. And if i even affect one woman with my true self for the good, then hot diggity, i'm on to something! I will have made a difference. And that is my ultimate adventure. 

Get over to Lisa Rough's blog Sacred Circle- she has a summer-full of amazing creatives posting daily on her blog, and it's spectacular!

No comments: