HappyTrees Studio

Dec 30, 2011

Setting my Intentions


Sorry for being MIA- The holidays +work got me big time...I'm finishing up my 31 days of  Giving by donating all that is left to the Kidney Foundation of Gaston County.


BUT NOW!!!
I'm super excited for a brand new year!!!!!
Do you make resolutions? Have trouble with them? I usually do, but I think I've finally figured out the perfect formula.
  1. Think long term, but make it easy enough that you'll finish. You need a goal that you work on a bit at a time through the year.
  2. WRITE THEM DOWN!!! PUT THEM WHERE YOU WILL SEE THEM!!! Nothing gets me going faster than a good ole dose of self guilt, looking at a list and knowing I need to accomplish something will make me follow through. So I'm putting it somewhere I and everyone else in the house will see them.
  3. Create a plan and start TODAY. Don't wait till the first, or tomorrow, or after this pack of cigs...start now. Make a goal and make time to do it.
  4. Gift yourself. You deserve a reward for trying hard and following through.
  5. Track your accomplishments(or failures). This will help you hold yourself accountable.
So here are my goals this year...
GET IN SHAPE- I start my Yoga teacher training in March and I am not ready for that kind of workout. So I have to really stick to my daily practice.
Create something new ever week. 52 works of  ART.
GET PUBLISHED- I really want to be published this year, and I'm going to work on that diligently.
I think those are some pretty big goals, and I WILL achieve them. What are your resolutions? I'd like to know! xxsmooch




No comments: