HappyTrees Studio

May 16, 2011

stamps!

(ignore the beer...it's my night off...)







I may be slow on the uptake, but I finally figured out how to create stamps without having to carve linoleum for hours! I got these garden 'kneelers' at Big Lots for two bucks and I already had a wood burning tool with different tips (I think I got it at Micheal's or Hobby Lobby a few years back when I was playing with transfers). I put in the smallest cone tip with a point and just free handed into the foam. Then I carved the rest of the foam I didn't want to show up in the stamp with an Exacto. Next, I put some fluid acrylic onto palette paper and rolled a brayer through it to get it even. I then rolled the brayer across the stamp and printed it on paper! Wah-la! (You could also just press the foam into the paint and then onto the paper.) The cheapest doggone stamps evaaahhh!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Awesome! How fun and easy this sounds...I think I might try this one - thank you!