HappyTrees Studio

Mar 11, 2011

Primordial

I think we get so wrapped up in the technique of art that we forget the feeling, the soul behind it. I'm trying something different for now. What makes me feel good? What can I see after I've started? These are the questions I've begun asking myself recently before, during, and after a painting. Instead of a concrete idea that I tire of half way through the painting I'm going to let the paint tell me what it is. Using only primary colors and hands in the beginning I go with my gut then when I have the foundation I find the images that want to come out, and start adding my palette and consciousness to the canvas. These three examples are the beginnings of this practice...I'll post more progress Sunday.

(PS-Can you tell that I am obsessed with Jesse Reno?)


No comments: